Monday, March 9, 2009

PWR-Reading

So, there is one week left!
These are questions I am assigned to answer, if you care to read with them. And if you leave answers in Comments, I'll be sure to credit you in my homework... ;-)

Chapter 1
1. What does Marx dislike most about the bourgeoisie, and why does he think they cannot survive?
2. What distinguishes the modern proletarian from the pre-industrial artisan?
3. How do the proletariat rise to challenge and finally destroy the bourgeoisie?

Chapter 2
1. How are Communists distinguished from other working class parties?
2. What is Marx's main criticism of private property?
3. Why does Marx dislike religion, morality, philosophy, political science, and law?

Chapter 3
1. Why does Marx so despise Conservative, or Bourgeois, Socialism?
2. Why did utopian Socialism fail?

3 comments:

  1. I am actually really enjoying reading this! I just started today, so I have a week left...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's because the borgeoisie have reduced everything to a monetary transaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah.
    Whoa! In chapter 2 he proposes disbanding the family unit (so that parents will stop taking advantage of their kids' wages) and instituting legal prostitution. He says it would be better that way than pretending those things don't happen.

    ReplyDelete